We run a range of weekly activities in Croydon and North London. We also offer activities during holidays and monthly Saturday trips.
In our weekly youth groups we cook together, dance and play games, and have a combination of creative and practical sessions, from guitar lessons, singing and drama to language support, sexual health and rights and entitlements workshops. A caseworker is available at our mixed youth groups in both locations.
Our youth activities include:
- Girls Group, Tuesdays 4 – 6pm, Refugee Council 13 - 14 Katharine Street, Croydon CR0 1NX
- Mixed Youth Group, Thursdays 3:30 – 7:30pm, St Mary Magdalene Church, Canning Rd, CR0 6QD
- Mixed Youth Group, Tuesdays 4 – 6pm, St. Catherine’s Church, Neasden Ln, London NW10 1QB
- Lunchtime social group, Thursdays 1 – 2pm, College of North West London (Willesden Centre), NW10 2XD (term-time only, and just open to students at this college)
- Football, Thursdays 7 – 8pm, Capital City Academy, Doyle Gardens, NW10 3ST (term-time only)
If you would like to refer a young person to any of our youth activities, please complete our registration and referral form
Alternatively, as our weekly activities are run on a drop a drop-in basis, young people are welcome to just show up on the day. If they’d like support getting there, give us a call to see if we have a volunteer available who could meet them to bring them along.
For questions about any of our Youth Activities, in both North London and Croydon, contact Despina Tsiakalou, Project Coordinator:
Despina@youngroots.org.uk or 07962821144